Friday, October 24, 2008

Summer is Coming!!!!







Well, it's finally happening. Summer is almost here. I keep saying that everyone is wiping off the dust, washing the windows, and getting ready for the circus. So far, the weather is not cooperating (we've had rain, rain, and more rain) but there is definitely a buzz starting to circulate regardless. You can literally see in everyone's eyes. The parties, which usually start on Thursday have pushed it up a day and are now starting on Wednesday. I joked with one of my friends that it doesn't give me nearly enough time to rest up from the weekend (trust me, I know that "resting up from the weekend" sounds strange but such is my life - I'm on a sleeping schedule that would shock Keith Richards). Anyway, the population more than doubles here in Floripa in the summer. Honestly, I can't imagine what that will be like. Everything is already so crazy as it is so I can't possibly fathom what it will be like when the circus does indeed start. And I couldn't imagine being any busier. I have a lot of things cooking, which has been incredibly fun (there are legitimate reasons for my lack of posts so please be patient with me). All I know is that I've done everything humanly possible to get ready. The wheels have been greased and I'm ready for the best summer ever. Bring it on....

Words of wisdom - when four ridiculously hot blonde girls (see picture) tell you to leave your car at the party to drive with them to another party, always so yes no matter how far away that current party's house is from your house. These are just simple rules of life. Oh, and don't call shotgun. It's MUCH better in the backseat. Trust me. The loud music, the singing, and the pounding on the roof were eerily remiscent of the days of Cabo that I had missed so much, and I can assure you that it didn't make the safety of the drive any better. However, if I would have died during that ride, there would have been an enormous smile on my dead corpse....

On a "back to reality note," I am happy to report that the banks have reopened. However, they are still finding ways to screw me. I finally received the call from my lawyer yesterday while he was at the bank trying to receive my money. I could tell right where the conversation was going. Everything was sounding great, and I was only waiting for the "BUT' and boy did it come. Apparently, the bank wanted a projection of my annual revenues (how do you project something that doesn't exist?) with a document signed by my accountant and lawyer. As I like to say now, this sh*t no longer shocks me, but this was indeed a wild one. Therefore, my money is still in cyber wire transfer land, wherever the hell that may be. HOWEVER, the real salt in the wound came this morning. I wanted to get the signed document to my lawyer first thing this morning in an effort to hopefully get my money today. I got home around 5AM last night and couldn't sleep a wink so I went to his office at 8:30AM. Errand done, right? Not so fast. As I was driving down the main highway stretch, I stopped at the light as it was turning red. The guy behind me apparently didn't get the memo about stopping when the person in front of you stops. He crashed into my car at about 40 mph and sent my car about 15 feet ahead. I really couldn't believe it. He got out of the car crying like a girl because he probably just lost his job (he was a taxi). Needless to say, I didn't feel sorry for him. I'm happy to report that I wasn't injured (my little Ford Fiesta was apparently built by the same guys who built Sherman tanks), but I am going to be sore as hell tomorrow and I have my fingers crossed that nothing long term will come of it. I had a witness, got all the documents signed by the cops, learned some interesting new Portuguese, and finally headed home a few hours later. I'm sure I'll be without a car for at least a week while it gets fixed so I'm really looking forward to that. Therefore, I'd like to personally thank all of the banks for your tremendous help and service along the way. You've been a real pleasure to work with. I hope you enjoyed your vacation while the strike was on because it's over now. I'll be at the beach all summer while you are working so kiss my *ss! ;)

No comments: