Monday, April 28, 2008

The Greatest Job on Earth




I don't know how you apply for something like this or who you have to know but I have discovered possibly the greatest job on earth.  I was introduced to an American guy who is down here for two months on a work project (I'm using the term "work project" very loosely here).  He is a photographer and is creating a "Girls of Floripa" calendar to be marketed in the U.S. to Maxim and other sources.  To make a long story short, I have spent a lot of time with him surfing, partying, searching for models, etc.  Every girl in Brasil wants her picture taken so finding the models is surprisingly easy.  The hard part is getting the courage to approach beautiful girls and speak to them in broken Portuguese about taking photographs with someone they don't know.  Anyway, a few days ago he asked me if I would like to join one of his photo shoots.  After checking my extremely busy calendar and deliberating for approximately 1.5 seconds, I agreed.  We discussed my role in the shoot and determined that I would be the guy who stood there with the light reflector basically doing nothing but staring at the model.  I'm sending in my resume to Sports Illustrated this afternoon with my fingers crossed.  Wish me luck.

To the side you will see some pictures from the shoot.  Her name is Fernanda and she is as charming as she is beautiful.  Imagine that.

No comments: