Thursday, August 7, 2008

There's More to Life Than Being Really, Really, Ridiculously Good Looking










This is not an advice blog, and I don't pretend to be an expert on much of anything. However, from time to time, I may pass on some words of wisdom if I think it is worthy. Now, with that being said, here is some advice to follow. If you ever get invited to a Brazilian fashion show, the following responses are appropriate:

- "Should we leave now?" (Keep in mind that it doesn't matter whether it is 11AM or 10PM. You should always leave NOW.)
- "I'll go get my camera and I'll bring three spare batteries just in case." (This is obvious. The trick is trying to maintain focus while the models try to throw you off with that crazy walk of theirs.)
- "I think I will leave my cell phone in the car." (This might be tough for some of you crackberry addicts but I assure you one thing: the less distractions, the better. Watching a runway show requires some of the same traits they look for in Navy SEALS: heightened awareness, sharp focus, etc.)
- "Let's skip the pre-show cocktails and head to our seats." (From time to time, men have been known to drink so that women may appear hotter than they actually are. With Brazilian models, it's actually a good thing to be as sober as the pope. You want to make sure that you don't miss any of the "details.")
- "Should we invite anyone else?" (That was a joke. Never invite anyone else unless your best friend just got divorced or it's a dying man's last wish. Sometimes in life it is acceptable to be selfish.)
- "Let's stick around after the show and mingle." (Well, because you never know who you're going to meet....)

That is about all I can offer for now following last night's experience. My friend, Andre, and I had front row seats to the Floripa Fashion DonnaDC show. It was quite a night. When people refer to the beauty of Brazil, I'm certain that they are not talking about the geography...

Here are a few pictures from the show. I obviously need a little work on my runway photography but I was a bit distracted to say the least. Also, here is a short clip from the end of the show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1AxBP_pf_Q

No comments: