Sunday, June 15, 2008

Clean Livin'











I was at a day party at a beach club last weekend with my buddy and our two girls (at the time, I still had a girl). As always, the talent level was overwhelming. There were two American guys who met up with us later at the party, and they were immediately blown away. One guy currently lives in Sao Paulo and I asked him how it compared to Floripa. His exact response was, "it is nothing like this." Anyway, to make a long story short, we were sitting on the sofa when this very, very attractive girl and her friends sat down close to us. We were there for probably two hours, and no one came and talked to this girl (I can't imagine this happening in the U.S.). I kept telling the two Americans to go talk to her, but they were too intimated (one even spoke fluent Portuguese so language wasn't the issue). The quickest way for a Brazilian girl to absolutely blow up on you is to talk to another girl (or acknowledge that other girls even exist for that matter) so I couldn't do a thing. The girlfriend of my buddy who is shooting the calendar went and talked to her for a bit to see if she would be willing to shoot photos (she said yes). We left after awhile and I kicked myself all night for not being able to talk to her. However, my clean living must have paid off because I coincidentally ran into her this weekend. As of early last week, I am officially, officially single so decided to go talk to her. She couldn't have been any nicer, and she didn't even laugh at my Portuguese. She shot photos with Jeremiah the next day and it turns out that she wants to go out so we will be going out next week. After agonizing over the plus/minuses of a girlfriend for a few days last week, this was a sure sign that I made the right choice....

We're off tomorrow for our big road trip. I couldn't be any more excited. We are flying to Rio early morning and our first stop is Isla Grande (Lopes Mendes Beach). This is known as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The amazing news is that a huge swell is coming tomorrow so it looks like we will be scoring 10-12 foot waves. After that, we will be headed to Buzios, which is supposed to be an incredibly beautiful town. Of course, we will hit Rio for a few days and then will be making our way back down south by car. Some stops include Ubatuba, Maresias, and Camburi to name a few. I am filled with all kinds of anticipation as you never know what can happen on these kind of trips. It will also be very interesting to visit other spots in Brazil. I have been a little isolated since I've been here (it's very tough to leave) so it will be fun to have places to compare. I will be sure to take tons of photos along the way.

As for the photos, here are a few of the places I'm going that I got off the internet to give you an idea of where I'm headed along with some from last night.

Happy Father's Day!!!!

Did anyone think Tiger was going to miss that putt???

No comments: