Friday, March 21, 2008

Did I Move to Scottsdale or Brazil?



I move halfway across the world to South America and wouldn't you know it but they have traffic cameras here too!  Honestly, that would probably be the last thing in the world I would have guessed Brazil would have.  You can't find a car with power steering but hey, why don't we throw a bunch of cameras on the traffic lights and take pictures of the cars that run red lights.  How did that chronology work?  For those of you that don't know, there are tons of photo radars and traffic cameras set up back in AZ so it's physically impossible for me to go home and not get a ticket.  I'm used to driving in SF, which is virtually a lawless city, and can't stand the pace of drivers in AZ.  Anyway, I think I've gotten at least two tickets since being here (don't be mad Mom!).  However, now I know that there are cameras here and I vow to go ticketless from here on out.
Last night was a big night out.  We had a crew of about twenty people and we went to hippie hoppie (that's what they call hip hip down here) night.  There is a crew of guys from NY here that have been really antsy all week.  They have commented to me that Floripa hasn't impressed them yet (who says New Yorkers are negative?).  Of course, they arrived on Monday and, as with any city, it's typically pretty slow here during the early part of the week.  I kept trying to remind them that they are vacation and it's a silly thing to stress about.  Anyway, last night brought the heat and I think it's safe to say that they now believe the hype.  I just ran into one of them a few minutes ago and he's fired up for tonight and wants me to come along.  I was up until 6AM so I will have to rally hard but, hey, I can always sleep in.  If there is one thing I'm not short of it's time.  BTW, we didn't make it back it time to watch March Madness.  The reason for that is fairly obvious.  Here are some pics from the night...

No comments: