Thursday, March 13, 2008

Round Two



I checked the waves this morning and it was too windy so I decided to give car shopping a second try.  This time I took my friend who only speaks Portuguese.  Luckily, the Volkswagen dealership had someone who spoke English there today.  Not much different than two days ago occurred.  I still found everything to be too expensive and not worth it.  After searching for a few hours, my friend Maria called and told me her friend works at a car dealership and has a good car for me.  We went over there and indeed it was a car I liked.  Unfortunately, I was unable to test drive it but I will be going back tomorrow to hopefully buy the damn thing.  I'd much rather be surfing or hanging out at the beach than driving around town.  I guess this dealership doesn't accept credit cards so trying to find a way to pay for the car should be very, very interesting.  After all was said and done, it was more successful than my first try.  I blew off some steam by going on a long walk down on Barra da Lagoa.  It's a beautiful, long beach about a five minute drive from my house.  Here are some pics from the walk.  I'm off to hang with some guys from Hermosa Beach that are here for the Nexus surf trip.  I met them earlier this week and they absolutely loved what I have done with my life and they want me to join them in their debauchery tonight.  Should be fun.....

No comments: