Thursday, March 20, 2008

March Madness???





What can I say about today.  Today was a lot like yesterday.  I surfed for a few hours and then headed to the Lagoa for some lunch.  I met the guy who owns a very popular cafe called Cafe Cultura.  It was one of my favorites back in November but it hasn't been open since I have arrived because they were expanding.  It's open again and as good as ever.  I had my first coffee since leaving the states and it was amazing.  I actually had a hazelnut coffee shake, which is extremely similar to a frapuccino (yes, I drink those).  It was amazing.  It's amazing how much you can appreciate something when you don't have it for a long time.  Anyway, the owner is from Santa Barbara and he has been living here for four years.  He's a great guy and we chatted for awhile.  It's good to talk to guys who have come down here from the states and made a good living.  Like I said, all you need is an idea, some energy, and plenty of time to doing something entrepreneurial.  

Anyway, after a long lunch, I didn't want to stay inside because it was too nice out.  I decided to walk the two beaches in front of my house (Praia Mole and Galheta).  The beauty never ceases to amaze me.  As always, I took my camera and snapped away.  Here are some pics from the walk.  

Lastly, I was very bummed to miss the first day of March Madness today.  It was one of my favorite days of the year (especially because work became non-existent on those days).  Unfortunately, because nobody in Brazil cares about college basketball in the US (rightfully so) the games were not televised today.  However,  my friend Hans, who is a basketball nut, found out that the games are on this morning from 2-4:30AM.  Therefore, we're headed out tonight to a great club (El Divino Lounge) and then we'll come back here and watch the games.  We've committed ourselves to a few red bulls tonight to get us through it.  Wish me luck....

No comments: