Thursday, March 6, 2008

O Primeiro Dia




It's safe to say that the trepidation of moving to Brazil after only one visit is long gone.  The place is as amazing as I remember it.  The weather is still sunny and warm, the surroundings are still breathtaking, and the girls are, well, Brazilian....and trust me, that's a good thing.  I arrived yesterday and spent the day familiarizing myself with the house (since it was the first time I have ever seen it in person) and the neighborhood.  It's an incredible little neighborhood, and there is an opportunity to make this a very special little paradise.

Today has been the dream day that I had imagined when thinking about living here.  I had a tennis match with my neighbor early in the morning and followed that up with some acai on the beach to check the waves.  After that, I surfed in warm water for a few hours and then just relaxed on the beach reading a book. Tonight, I have some hot double date action going on with a buddy and his girlfriend and another girl I met during my last trip.  I promised my buddy and his girl a nice dinner on me for all the help they have provided the last few months.  My buddy's girl asked if I would mind if her friend joined us.  She's a swimsuit model so it was a very tough decision for me.  We are headed to El Divino for hippie hoppie (as they say down here) night.  That was my favorite night last time so I'm definitely looking forward to it.  

BTW, it's amazing how many people you see on the beach here in the middle of the day on a weekday.  It's safe to say that Brazilians don't have the same obligations (or mindset for that matter) as Americans.  Very refreshing to see....

I just got back from the mall so that I could get a cell phone.  If you ever want to see the highest concentration of ridiculously hot girls, just go to the mall in Brazil.  It's totally unreal, and they definitely dress to the nines.  It was great times all around.  The mall provided me with my first Brazilian experience.  The salesman at the cell phone store wanted proof of residence in Floripa, my passport, and my CPF card (the equivalent of a Brazilian social security number), none of which I had with me.  Luckily, my friend Maria was with me and after MUCH haggling, he let me buy a cell phone plan anyway.  I found out that, as my buddy Jed always says, everything is negotiable....even in South America (or should I say especially in South America?).  

Some pics: The first pic is my new little "hood." The second pic is the beach in front of my house (Praia Mole) and the third pic is the view from the patio off the master bedroom.  I will get closer for some "real" beach pics soon....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There was talk of a Member's Only blog. I am pretty sure this is not it!!!

Don't black ball me Mitch.